Best Antioxidant Moisturizer Cream
Ingredients to Look for in a Moisturizer Cream
There are dozens of moisturizer creams on the market and they all come with the promise of a more youthful appearance, a brighter complexion and a more even skin tone. But buyer beware: not all creams are created equally. Before you purchase the first one you see on the store shelf, make sure you
- Dimethicone: This is a common ingredient in skin care, various makeup products and moisturizers. It helps to create a smooth, flawless look, filling in fine lines and evening out skin tone. It is also used in many hair care products. It is a light emollient that works to hydrate and keep moisture in, essentially forming a protective layer over the skin’s surface.
- Petrolatum: If you know what Vaseline is, you know what petrolatum is; this is a key ingredient in protecting and smoothing rough skin. If you have dry skin, look for moisturizers with this ingredient; if your skin is on the greasy side, however, you may want to avoid it as it can exacerbate oily skin problems.
- Hyaluronic acid: This substance is already found in the human body, and manufacturers have begun to realize the many benefits, thus adding it to many beauty products. It hydrates skin by drawing moisture out from deep layers of the skin. As a result, skin looks plumper and feels smoother.
- Glycerin: This works in a similar fashion to hyaluronic acid, and helps retain moisture to keep skin hydrated, plump and healthy looking.
- Vitamin C and E: These essential vitamins are not just good for your insides, they’re great for your outer body too. They work to help renew and hydrate skin to give it a healthy glow, while renewing cells, sloughing away dead ones.
There are many anti-aging moisturizer creams on the market; make sure you choose the right one for your age and skin type.